Established in 2006, the World Federation for Incontinence and Pelvic Problems (WFIPP) is a federation of national (patient) organizations or institutions that aims to create a global visibility for incontinence and pelvic floor dysfunction, whereby the key objectives are awareness, advocacy and action.
WFIPP is mostly comprised of patient advocacy organizations, though doctors, non-government organizations, and non-commercial entities are welcome to become members of the WFIPP.
The vision of WFIPP is to create a world where people living with all forms of pelvic floor dysfunction(s) can enjoy a high quality of life, play an active role in society and have access to appropriate treatments.
- Be the patient voice
- Be heard and acknowledged in society and by policy-makers
- Be a global umbrella for national organizations
- Encourage an open public debate and break stigma and taboos
- President: Mary Lynne van Poelgeest
- Vice-President (s): Jacqueline Cahill
- Treasurer: Tomasz Michalek
- Secretary: Märta Lauritzen
- Honorary President: Francesco Diomede
- Communications Officer: Margot Voskamp
- Events Coordinator: Gloria Romanello